1 best-selling guide to Thailand’s Islands & Beaches*
Lonely Planet’s Thailand’s Islands & Beaches is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Climb karst formations over emerald seas in Railay, island-hop across the Andaman or sip cocktails on soft white sand; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand’s Islands & Beaches and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Thailand’s Islands & Beaches Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, religion, music, architecture, politics, environmental issues, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 50 maps
- Covers Bangkok, Ko Chang, Hua Hin, Phuket, Ko Samui, Ko Phi-Phi, Krabi, Pattaya, Ko Pha-Ngan and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Thailand’s Islands & Beaches, our most comprehensive guide to Thailand’s Islands & Beaches, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Thailand, Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet’s Thailand guide or Bangkok guide for a comprehensive look at all these destinations have to offer; Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions; or Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Celeste Brash, Austin Bush, David Eimer and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Thailand’s Islands & Beaches. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2013 – January 2014